What is a Wellness Plan?
Wellness Plans are a group of preventive medicine products and services offered to our clients at a discounted rate and billed under a monthly financial plan.
What is Preventive Medicine?
Preventive Medicine is products and services that will help prevent future disease or allow for earlier treatment of existing or developing disease. For example: annual blood work, dental cleanings, etc.
Why are there different types of Wellness Plans?
Animals (much like humans) need different types of care at different ages. We offer:
● Kitten and Puppy Plans.
● Adult Cat and Dog Plans – both regular and platinum levels.
Why do you have a membership fee?
The membership fee is a one-time fee applied to all Wellness Plans at the initial contract signing to cover the initial costs associated with setting up the plan:
● Set-up of automatic withdrawal from your credit card.
● Set-up of your program.
● Management of your account with us.
This is a one-time fee as long as the Wellness Plans are renewed each year. If a Wellness Plan is not renewed, a grace period of 60 days will be given. If, after that time, you wish to sign up for a Wellness Plan again, you will be required to pay the Membership fee again.
What do I have to pay when I sign up?
Total due at sign-up will be your membership fee plus the first month’s payment. You can also choose to pay for the entire plan in full. Paying in full will result in the membership fee being waived.
What if I have multiple pets?
Each pet signs up for its OWN Wellness Plan (including membership fee)– in other words, pets cannot share wellness plans.
What happens if the worst happens…
We will do everything we can to ensure that this is as smooth as possible for you and your family…this is hard enough and you don’t need to be worrying about bill payments. We will calculate how many payments you have made and compare this to the value of services you have received. You will receive an invoice for the difference if any applies.
What happens if I change my mind?
If at any time during the first 72 hours of signing up for one of our Wellness Plans, you feel you cannot proceed, everything will be refunded to you, including the set-up fee. You will be required to pay for any products or services that were rendered that day at the non-discounted price. After 72 hours Wellness Plans CANNOT be canceled.
What if I move?
● If you move or the pet is given away we will calculate the invoice as follows:
● All services/products rendered will be added together at the non-discounted price.
● All payments made towards the plan will be added together.
● The difference will be calculated.
● This will be used to determine if paying out the remainder of the contract or paying
out the balance in total will be less expensive.
● The difference will be due immediately
● We require at least 30 days notice before your next payment date
● Set up fees will NOT be refunded after 72 hours.
Why do you need my email address?
1. Our doctors do a lot of communications by email in order to reduce the amount of paper we send home with you.
2. We send email reminders for your booked appointments.
How long do I have to use the products/services on my plan?
One year. Wellness Plans services may not be transferred from one year to the next. One of the main reasons to give us your email address is so we can send you reminders of the services you haven’t used yet.
Can I use the plan for services already rendered?
We can backdate the start of the plan as long as it falls within the same month of enrollment. This means any services already rendered in the same month of enrollment can be covered under the plan.
● If the plan is bought on June 3rd, we can backdate the start date of the plan to June 1
and all services rendered in June are covered.
● If the plan is bought on August 27th, we can backdate the start date of the plan to August 1 and all services rendered in June are covered. Services that occurred in a different month than enrollment cannot be covered.
How do I know what I still have on my plan?
1. The computer system automatically tracks the wellness plans. It keeps a tally of the services used, the date, and the quantity remaining. You can give us a call at any time to enquire what services remain in your plan. If I use all the services on my plan, do I still need to pay a monthly fee? Yes – Our monthly payments are financing for the Wellness Plan. You are still legally required
to pay the payments until the plan is paid in full.
If you are 10 months into the plan and have used everything up, we still need two more payments from you before we renew for the next year.