Wellness Plans are a group of preventive medicine products and services offered to our clients at a discounted rate and billed monthly.
What is Preventive Medicine?
Preventive Medicine is products and services that will help prevent future disease, or allow for earlier treatment of existing or developing disease. For example: annual blood work, dental cleanings, etc.
Why are there different types of Wellness Plans?
Animals (much like humans) need different types of care at different ages. We offer:
- Kitten and Puppy Plans.
- Adult Cat and Dog Plans – both regular and platinum levels.
- Senior Cat and Dog Plans.
Why do you have a membership fee?
The membership fee is a one-time fee applied to all Wellness Plans at the initial contract signing to cover the initial costs associated with setting up the plan:
- Set-up of automatic withdrawal with the bank.
- Set-up of your program.
- Management of your account with us.
This is a one-time fee as long as the Wellness Plans are renewed each year. If a Wellness Plan is not renewed, a grace period of 60 days will be given. If, after that time, you wish to sign up for a Wellness Plan again, you will be required to pay the Membership fee again.
What do I have to pay when I sign up?
Total due at sign up will be your membership fee plus the first month’s payment. If you have paid full price for any products or services in the month you sign up, they will qualify for discounts! Please ask our knowledgeable staff if you think this applies to you.
- Each pet signs up for its OWN Wellness Plan (including membership fee)– in other words, pets cannot share wellness plans.
- Here’s the fun part. If you have four or more pets we will waive ALL of their set up fees. But…
- 1. Yes, they all have to be your pets. (your sister’s, cousin’s, daughter’s dogs do not get to be included!!!!)
- 2. Yes, they all have to live with you.
- 3. Yes, they have to be legally allowed to be living with you.
What happens if the worst happens…
We will do everything we can to ensure that this is as smooth as possible for you and your family…this is hard enough and you don’t need to be worrying about bill payments. We will calculate how many payments you have made and compare this to the amount of services and products you have received. You will receive either a cheque or invoice for the difference if any applies.
What happens if I change my mind?
If, at any time during the first 72 hours of signing up for one of our Wellness Plans, you feel you cannot proceed, everything will be refunded to you, including the set-up fee. You will be required to pay for any products or services that were rendered that day at the non-discounted price. After 72 hours Wellness Plans CANNOT be cancelled.
What if I move?
If you move or the pet is given away we will calculate the invoice as follows:
- All services/products rendered will be added together at the NON-DISCOUNTED price.
- All payments made by the you will be added together.
- The difference will be calculated.
- This will be used to determine if paying out the remainder of the contract or paying out the balance in total will be less expensive.
- If we owe you money, we can mail you a cheque.
- It takes 7-10 business days to process these accounts.
- Set up fees will NOT be refunded after 72 hours.
- Our doctors do a lot of communications by email in order to reduce the amount of paper we send home with you.
- Our doctors send home a report card at every visit in order to let you know everything we found during the exam and what the plan is to deal with any problems or issues. With your email address, we can send this to you instead of printing it out.
- You can also opt to receive reminders for services/products you haven’t used on your plan so you don’t miss using anything on your plan.
How long do I have to use the products/services on my plan?
One year. Wellness Plans services may not be transferred from one year to the next. One of the main reasons to give us your email address is so we can send you reminders of the services you haven’t used yet.
Can I use the plan for services already rendered?
Your first payment covers the month the plan is purchased; therefore, if the services/products are used within that time frame, those services/products will be discounted and reimbursed to you by cheque.
- If the plan is bought June 3rd, all services rendered in June are covered.
- If the plan is bought August 27th, all services rendered in August are covered
Discounts that apply to you for the month you sign up will be reimbursed.
How do I know what I still have on my plan?
- We will provide you with multiple opportunities to review your plan and what you have used.
- The computer automatically tracks the wellness plans, including the products/services you have used. It will print these numbers onto the bottom of your invoice so that you can keep track of what you still have left on your plan.
- Our staff will give you a call at about six months through your plan, and again at about ten months through to let you know what you haven’t had the opportunity to use yet.
If I use all the services on my plan, do I still need to pay a monthly fee?
Yes – the monthly fee is what allows us to offer all these services to you. Basically we took the entire cost of all the services, discounted them and split the cost up over twelve months.
If you are 10 months into the plan and have used everything up, we still need two more payments from you before we renew for the next year.
What happens if my pet uses products/services not on the plan?
Wellness Plans have a discount on all products/services not on the plan; it is calculated by the computer system. The discount is variable depending on which plan you have chosen.
- Puppy/Kitten Plans 10%
- Adult Maintenance Plans 10%
- Platinum/Senior Plans 15%
But, you can only receive ONE discount.
- No double dipping! You can’t have a Senior’s discount (or other discount) and a Wellness Plan discount for the same pet.
- We will choose whichever discount is higher in order to get you the highest discount.
What if I want to make a bulk payment onto my account?
Not a problem, you can make a bulk payment onto your account at any time. Some of our clients may choose to pay everything at once so they do not need to worry about it for the rest of the year.
If you choose to do this, the sign-up fee will be waived and you will receive the notifications for your plan to renew in the same way you would if you were doing monthly payments.
What about taxes? When do those get paid?
- All taxes are included within the monthly payments for products/services directly on the Wellness Plans.
- All taxes for products/services outside of the plan (food, treats, etc.) will be charged at the time of the purchase and charged on the DISCOUNTED amount.
What about feedback?
If you are not happy with how things are going, PLEASE tell us… Wellness Plans are a new concept and we realize there are going to be hiccups. If you are happy with how things are going please let us know and be sure to tell your friends as well. Your feedback will help us to serve you and your pets better!